AS OF MARCH 2018: If you need help and don’t post your FULL HARDWARE ID (HINT: IT STARTS WITH PCI…) AND READ THIS ENTIRE VIDEO DESCRIPTION, I WILL NOT RESPOND!
From start to finish, I detail how to modify an NVIDIA INF file in order to detect unrecognized hardware resulting in the error that states “this graphics driver could not find compatible graphics hardware.” After updating the INF file, it’s still possible to get the “NVIDIA Installer Failed” message which is fixed by disabling Windows’ driver signature enforcement temporarily.
ALL TOO FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS:
1. I CAN’T FIND MY “GROUPING” IN ANY OF THE FILES!!!
There’s a part in the video where i say “you know you have nvidia hardware”. I wish I had never said this. YOUR COMPUTER MUST DETECT YOUR HARDWARE FOR THIS TO WORK. IT HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH YOU YOURSELF “KNOWING” YOU HAVE NVIDIA HARDWARE.
So how do you check? At 2:10 in the video, I explain how to look at your hardware ID. IF YOUR HARDWARE ID DOESN’T CONTAIN “VEN_10DE” (WHICH IS THE DESIGNATOR FOR NVIDIA’S HARDWARE!), THIS WON’T WORK. It won’t matter how much you wish it will work, or how angry it makes you, or how frustrating it is, it WON’T WORK.
THERE IS ONE BIG HOWEVER:
If (AND ONLY IF!!!!!!) you can copy and paste your hardware ID, and it has “VEN_10DE” in it, this video may just work for you:
2. Why can’t I find my NVIDIA card? I KNOW IT’S IN THERE!
I don’t know. That’s not the purpose of this video. I’ve seen a lot of people complain that they updated to windows 10 and their computer no longer detects their card. Some people say that updating their windows allows them to detect their card again. I wish you weren’t in this situation, but this video can’t help you if your system doesn’t detect your card.
3. I only see “Intel(R) HD Graphics XXXX”. Where’s my NVIDA??
See my answer to #2.
4. The hardware ID says “VEN_8086” (or something other than 10DE)
Anything other than VEN_10DE is wrong and this video won’t work you for, no matter how closely you follow it. If you’re wondering where your NVIDIA hardware is, see my answer to #2.
5. I don’t even see “display adapters”!!!! AAAAARRRRRGGGGHHHHH
In this case, it’s possible (BUT NOT GURANTEED!) that your system can’t find an appropriate driver and is now listed under “Other Devices” (VISUAL AID: 1:44, under “Network adapters”).
So take a look under “Other Devices”… It MAY be listed here and have an intuitive name. Conversely, there may be multiple items here that you have to look through that aren’t conspicuously named. Your card may even say “Unknown device”! It could say a lot of things. Or, It could TOTALLY NOT BE THERE AND YOU’RE SCREWED AND THAT’S THAT. You cannot do this video if you don’t have hardware in your system that says “VEN_10DE”!
6. I get access denied (or some other permission issue) when I try to run setup.exe or after I’ve modified the inf files!
A. You need to disable your antivirus temporarily
B. You’re not an admin and you’re screwed!
C. Start the entire process of this video from the beginning, but THIS TIME, EXTRACT THE FILES TO YOUR DESKTOP.
7. Why does your adapter say “Microsoft basic display adapter”? Should mine say that too?
No. That’s just a generic display name for *my* device. My system wasn’t able to identify what type of hardware it is, so it installed a generic Microsoft driver just to get some basic functionality out of the hardware.
YOURS will (likely) say something different! Check the hardware ID to be sure. The name is unimportant; the CORRECT hardware ID is KEY. It MUST be “VEN_10DE” regardless of what the display name says!
8. How do I open “find” in notepad?
Ever since I first saw someone ask this, I have intentionally chosen never to answer it. I won’t even answer it here. The fact of the matter is if you can’t figure this out, you shouldn’t even be attempting this video. I know that seems harsh, but it’s so simple that if you can’t self help, you’ll bury yourself.
SO GO GOOGLE IT!
9. Does this work on windows 7/8/8.1?
Yes. Google “disable driver signature enforcement windows XXX”, replacing “xxx” with your windows version. If there’s any other part of this video that doesn’t line up with your version of windows, GOOGLE IT!!!!!
10. The files in the “display.driver” folder don’t have extensions!
If you’re on windows 7, google “show extensions for unknown file types”.
11. I DID EVERYTHING RIGHT AND IT STILL DOESN’T WORK!!!!!!
Take a look at the PINNED COMMENT by Omri Ramzi. I have found that this is helpful for a LOT of people, and so have a LOT OF PEOPLE!
12. %*&$# YOU! THIS &$#$ DOESN’T WORK!
I laugh every time I come across this. EVERY TIME! So far, I’ve only had to shadow ban one moron for going too far with this.
13. @&%% NVIDIA!!!!
Xem thêm Bài Viết:
- Sebastian đã dạy lập trình và tư duy tính toán cho sinh viên đại học
- Tại sao sử dụng ký hiệu đô la ($) trong công thức Excel – tham chiếu ô tuyệt đối và tương đối
- Runtime Error! Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library "SOLUÇÃO" PARA O GTA FULL HD 1080p
- Hướng Dẫn Cài đặt và Active Office 2010 ( How to Install and Active Office 2010) – NMC Vlogs
- Một số mẹo và lỗi hay gặp trong Microsoft Word